For enterprise organizations looking to remain competitive in an increasingly digital, global economy, standing still is not an option. Ultimately, they have two options regarding their trajectories: they can either move forward or fall behind, but they can never stand still.
Enterprises that want to move forward are increasingly focused on digital transformation strategies to help them drive greater innovation – innovation required to not only stay relevant from a technology and product offering standpoint, but also to address ongoing supply chain challenges, cybersecurity threats and the looming possibility of economic recession. Those innovations will also help them increase operational efficiency and provide better experiences for their customers. And like everyone, they face budgetary constraints and the need to do more with less.
Given the growing influence digital transformation will have on enterprise business success, 2023 could be the year that managed enterprise services take the spotlight from “do-it-yourself” IT network solutions, giving service providers an opportunity to expand their customer bases, increase market share and grow revenues.
Looking Beyond Connections
When it comes to enabling enterprise digital transformation, connectivity is more important than ever, but basic network connectivity services are no longer enough. With the widespread adoption of mobile devices, the introduction and greater use of IoT, the growing number of cloud-hosted applications and the need for hybrid work models, enterprise organizations are looking to partner with service providers who can provide secure, assured services on-demand, with the ability to change these services quickly.
With traditional managed enterprise IT services expected to grow to $80 billion by the end of 20241 and enterprise IoT services projected to be a $900 billion industry in 20252, enterprise digital transformation will be “the killer app” for those service providers who are able to make the pivot and provide truly differentiable experiences to enterprise organizations and their customers, wherever they’re located.
Doing so, however, will require service providers to change their approach to working with enterprises.
Enterprises that have embarked on a digital transformation have four priorities: mobility, cloud connectivity, assured services and security. The good news is service providers are already well-positioned to meet those priorities. But beyond taking the lead on building and operating their enterprise customers’ next-gen networks, service providers have the opportunity to transition from merely being connectivity providers to being trusted partners to help enterprises navigate their digital transformations and provide better customer experiences to their end users.
At Juniper Networks, we refer to this as experience-first networking.
An experience-first network gives service providers tremendous opportunity to reinvent themselves by leveraging their technical expertise, differentiating themselves from their competitors and adding real value to an important segment of their customer base. It also entails offering services and solutions beyond the network itself – solutions like managed enterprise services.
Juniper AI-driven Enterprise for Managed Services
Legacy solution complexity is the Achilles heel of incumbent service providers, putting the onus on customers to manage multiple disparate service solutions and platforms, use a mix of different management and automation solutions and rely on manual approaches to troubleshoot and resolve issues. Providers that can simplify the infrastructure and operation of an enterprise network – and provide the organization with tools to manage their networks from the data center to the cloud – can position themselves as true partners with their customers.
Juniper’s AI-driven Enterprise for Managed Services solutions – driven by Mist AI™ and Marvis, the Virtual Network Assistant (VNA) – give service providers the tools to partner with enterprise clients and guide them on their digital transformation journey. Designed to deliver operational simplicity and the best user experience, Juniper Managed Enterprise Services solutions are built upon four fundamental tenets:
- Client-to-cloud visibility and operability across the “full stack” to increase monetization – our wired, wireless, security and SD-WAN solutions are born in the cloud and designed for agility, scale and programmability to help providers deliver services faster and to a wider addressable market.
- Experience-driven service assurance to improve customer loyalty – Juniper’s portfolio of assurance solutions provides best-in-class user experiences by providing visibility all the way down to the individual client, application and session so operators can set, monitor and enforce service levels and optimize and assure user experiences that increase the stickiness of customer engagements.
- On-demand delivery and remediation to increase network agility – proactive AIOps and AI-driven support leverage programmability and intent-based networking to deliver real-time deployment and operation actions. In addition, AI is used for network support, enabling problems to be addressed proactively and with minimal disruption to IT personnel, reducing critical mean time to incident detection and repair.
- Secure, threat-aware to build trust with customers – security is extended to all points of connection to detect threats and act on them where it matters most, ensuring long-lasting and trusting relationships are upheld.
Opportunity to Grow
Enterprises are eager for solutions to address the challenges they face in an increasingly complex, rapidly changing and competitive marketplace. Many of them are also always on the lookout for key partners that can help fuel their digital transformation and cloud adoption, in addition to operating their networks more efficiently and reliably. Further, in the face of an often-unpredictable future, managed services can become a critical and strategic operational advantage for enterprise businesses that need to scale and provision new services on demand and deliver better end-user experiences. Juniper’s AI-driven Enterprise for Managed Services can enable network operators and service providers to capitalize on this key growth segment.
- A top logistics company reduced mean time to recovery (MTTR) by 96 percent per ticket on average
- A major retailer reduced the need for IT network site visits by 85 percent
- A large software as a service (SaaS) provider reduced user-opened support tickets by 90 percent
- A renowned Ivy League university reduced escalated tickets by a factor of 10
For service providers looking at new avenues to customer and revenue growth – and for those that can provide truly exceptional experiences to enterprises as they pursue their digital transformation – Juniper’s AI-driven Enterprise for Managed Services provides a tremendous opportunity to help them separate themselves from competitors.
Learn more about Juniper’s Service Provider Strategy and Managed Enterprise Services:
- Service Provider Strategy
- Managed Enterprise Services Solutions
- Juniper Networks Managed Enterprise Services Video
Note 1: Gartner®, Forecast: Enterprise Managed Communications Services Growth Trends, Worldwide, 2020 Update, Feb 2021 GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved