What makes TV shows like The Voice and American Idol so successful? Yes, there’s the incredible talent on display from the contestants, but talent shows are nothing new (fun fact: The Original Amateur Hour is often viewed as the first reality TV show of its kind, dating back to 1948.) In my opinion, these recent shows became blockbusters due to their format – i.e., first, viewers hear what experts think about the contestants, then they have the chance to vote for the winner. Through a combination of pundit analysis and peer review, the best talent rises to the top and gets the recognition they deserve.
What does this have to do with networking? Take wired and wireless access, as an example.
In the most recent Gartner Magic Quadrant for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure, Juniper Networks was named a Leader with the furthest placement for execution of any vendor. This recognition from one of the top industry analyst firms and their expert research is a huge accomplishment that makes all of us at Juniper proud.
This week, we are thrilled to share an equally impressive accomplishment – for the second year in a row, Juniper received the Customer’s Choice Distinction on Gartner Peer Insights for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure. You can read all about it in the Voice of the Customer report from Gartner, which summarizes all of Gartner Peer Insights’ reviews into insights for IT decision makers. According to Gartner, “this aggregated peer perspective, along with individual detailed reviews, is complementary to Gartner expert research and can play a key role in your buying process, as it focuses on direct peer experiences of implementing and operating a solution.”
In other words, when it comes to the opinions of the actual end users and customers, Juniper Networks earned great distinction once again. While this award is amazing, a look behind the numbers tells an even more incredible story:
- Juniper received the highest overall rating (4.8) as of May 2021.
- Juniper was at the top in EVERY category: product capabilities, deployment experience, sales experience and support experience.
- Juniper is the only vendor to be in the upper right quadrant of EVERY segment/region subcategory – e.g., industry segment, Asia Pacific region, EMEA region and North America region.
- 99% of participants said they had a willingness to recommend Juniper Mist, which is the top score of all vendors
Here are just a few of the numerous outstanding reviews from end users and customers:
- “The perfect WiFi you couldn’t have even dreamed of two years ago.” — IT Lead in the Services Industry, Company size 50M-250M USD
- “EX Series Switches: outstanding performance, innovative features” — Senior Network Engineer in the Services Industry, company size 10B-30B USD
- “A modern Wi-Fi stack worth considering” — Senior Wireless Network Engineer in the Healthcare Industry, Company size 10B-30B USD
- “Mist Wi-Fi – as perfect as it gets” — Sr. Network Engineer in the Retail Industry, company size 10B-30B USD
- “Best Wi-Fi solution that has great customer service and product capability.” — Network Engineer II in the Finance Industry, company size 30B+ USD
While the above quotes are deliberately anonymous, we have many public wired/wireless case studies on our website. In addition, we just finished our Juniper Global Summit, where MIT, The Jumeirah Group, Macquarie Telecom, Outletcity Metzingen and others were eager to share their Juniper Mist wired/wireless experiences. Check out all of the amazing Summit content (including the main stage presentation from Sujai Hajela and yours truly).
We’ve known for a while that we are doing something special in the wired/wireless access space. But there is nothing like having real validation from industry experts and peers, too. For that, we want to thank all the amazing individuals who participated in the reports and peer reviews above, and, of course, the Juniper team who continues to set the bar for excellence every day.
Last but not least, I would be remiss if I didn’t point out that Juniper is a Leader in the Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Data Center and Cloud Networking, as well. In addition, we are a Visionary in the 2021 Magic Quadrant for Indoor Location Services, Global and the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure. Juniper was also recently recognized as a Customer’s Choice Vendor on Gartner Peer Insights for Network Firewalls. Our amazing expert and peer recognition is by no means limited to just Juniper’s wired/wireless access portfolio!
“The only thing that happens overnight is recognition. Not talent.” – Carol Haney
Gartner, Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure, 12 May 2021
Gartner Peer Insights reviews constitute the subjective opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences and do not represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.
Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.