Juniper Mist is delivering real-world AI benefits to customers. This year, we explained how at Mobility Field Day 6 (MFD6). The industry, including Juniper Networks customers, saw Mist come out of stealth mode during Mobility Field Day 2, and since then, the acquisition of Mist by Juniper has led to amazing innovation and acceleration in our global deployments.
Among other features, we recently announced the Marvis Conversational Interface and added to our Assurance portfolio with Wired, Wireless and WAN Assurance. At MFD6, we demonstrated that our focus has remained sharp and the innovation continues.
In this year’s MFD6 sessions, we introduced and demonstrated several capabilities to improve the customer experience from pre-installation to Day 2+ operations, including:
- Marvis Conversational Interface 2.0: First announced in July 2020, the Marvis Conversational Interface was introduced as the next step beyond a basic Virtual Network Assistant (VNA) (circa 2018) in the journey to the Self-Driving Network™. Natural Language Understanding and Natural Language Processing helps Marvis understand misspellings and typos to better infer user requests to provide IT teams a more fluid way to interact and engage with their networks.
- Additional Marvis Enhancements:
- Marvis now works with Slack, enabling customers to ask Marvis to help troubleshoot the network directly from Slack. A conversational interface with full APIs allows us to natively integrate into Slack, Teams and other tools. With Slack integration, the IT team can invite Marvis on to a Slack channel to troubleshoot in real-time.
- We’ve integrated with Zebra Worry Free Wi-Fi (WFW) through the Marvis client showing connection states, failures and voice SLE statistics for Zebra devices. The Juniper Mist cloud offers unprecedented data and visibility as it stands today without deploying agents local to mobile devices or the presence on networking clients. As vertical customers (retail logistics and healthcare) who generally control the end device ecosystem begin to roll out more applications, providing a client SDK that offers even more granular data to troubleshoot client-to-cloud problems made sense. This led us to enhance Marvis with a SDK, bringing the client view into the network.
- Auto-remediation and suggested actions through Marvis actions have been expanded to offer IT teams an AIOps platform that discovers “needle in the haystack” problems that degrade network performance and customer experience. As an example, Marvis actions now isolates instances where clients are persistently failing due to 802.1X, PSK or other failures causing the devices to constantly fail and attempt to reauthenticate. With the addition of Coverage Hole detection, Marvis not only shows statistics, it can also provide an answer and recommend an action (such as AP placement or fine tuning of infrastructure) to resolve the problem. In large networks, problems like these are not only difficult to identify – incrementally, these problems also lead to poor customer experiences.
- Scalability: From distributed branches to some of the world’s largest campus networks, Juniper is known for its software scale and flexible architectures. At MFD6, we showcased a walkthrough of a recent 10,000+ AP campus that we deployed in under four months!
- Wireless Design Center: We’ve released a new wireless design center to provide more insight into what our most experienced staff would recommend to customers deploying a wireless network. This is a great (and free!) tool to learn how to design, deploy and operate an AI-driven Wi-Fi network.
- The Graph Database: Providing an excellent user experience requires the right architecture. Using a graph database containing elements from Wired, Wireless, WAN and security offers end-to-end visibility, providing a client-to-cloud network map that Mist AI references for troubleshooting purposes.
AI and the Experience-First Network
Juniper Mist offers a vision for the experience-first network that spans the network from client to cloud, driving growth, expanding our customer reach and boosting business outcomes with Mist AI. In addition to a steady drumbeat of new functionalities, we’re perpetually training Marvis, powered by Mist AI, and building its knowledge database to provide our customers with the best experience possible in the most effective way.
The result is real, practical AI that delivers tangible benefits. While our competition is busy forcibly injecting the letters “A” and “I” into all of their product documentation, Juniper Networks was the first to recognize – and deliver! – the benefits of AIOps for wired and wireless. Mist AI provides a common AI engine, served from a common cloud, and delivers a client-to-cloud portfolio that positions Juniper at the top of our field.
Juniper Networks provides the tools necessary to adapt to change. Our agility has enabled us to rapidly remediate the recent FragAttack industry vulnerability and is one reason that top industry analysts regularly recognize our unique vision and ability to execute.
Check out our MFD6 sessions and learn how Juniper can bring the real-world benefits of AI to your business.