This is the final blog in a three-part series. Part one, Experience-First Networking: Delivering a Modern Customer Experience and part two, The Cloud Connected Network: A Win-Win for Customers and Vendors, both explored how networking vendors can transform the support experience by connecting customer networks to the cloud using automation and Artificial Intelligence (AI) for insight.
Today, Juniper Networks introduced Juniper Support Insights, its new AI-driven support solution. Juniper has been on a journey to transform the customer experience, moving it from reactive to proactive. Many customers are already reaping the benefits of Juniper’s proven, automated operations solutions with Marvis, the Virtual Network Assistant (VNA) and Mist Assurance. Juniper Support Insights expands on these capabilities, representing a significant milestone to deliver on our vision of experience-first networking for services.
What is Juniper Support Insights?
Juniper Support Insights extends AI-driven support to the entire Junos portfolio, including ACX Series, EX Series, MX Series, PTX Series, QFX Series and SRX Series platforms. This solution gives service providers and enterprises holistic, operational visibility and actionable intelligence to optimize their networks. It spans network inventory and even provides details on service contracts, end of life/service and release and security updates through reports. Juniper Support Insights complements other solutions within the Juniper automated operations software portfolio, such as Apstra and Paragon™, which deliver product-specific configuration and troubleshooting capabilities.
How does Juniper Support Insights drive operational efficiency?
Juniper Support Insights helps IT and NetOps teams see and know more about their own networks so that they can proactively reduce issues, and therefore improve efficiency. This solution is unique and includes the following features:
- Ease of use: Customers get the choice of connecting Junos devices directly to the cloud or via an on-premises Lightweight Collector. The Lightweight Collector is fully managed and supported by Juniper with automated provisioning. No additional software is needed on either collector or network devices.
- Security: Data privacy and protection are maintained through a principle of least necessary device fact data collection. The use of Zero-Residual Footprint (ZRF) means that no data is stored anywhere permanently and prevents data leakage. Further, no PII (Personal Identifiable Information) is ever used, and all data flows are TLS (Transport Layer Security) encrypted.
- Scalability: Each Lightweight Collector is designed to handle large deployments and supports up to 20,000 network devices. Further, the Juniper cloud architecture features auto-scale, which allows it to scale up and down to match the network’s size and data collection scope.
Anytime, Anywhere Access to the Portal for Actionable Intelligence
Juniper Support Insights includes access to a secure portal. Through this secure portal, IT and NetOps teams can manage device onboarding and discovery, as well as visualize operational dashboards and reports. These dashboards and reports provide a holistic view of operational health metrics and insights for the entire network.
Customers now have the flexibility to access standard reports and can even receive enhanced custom reports based on their unique business needs.
Even More to Simplify Network Operations
Today’s Juniper Care customers are automatically eligible for this new AI-driven support capability and can opt-in to use Juniper Support Insights at any time. Additionally, as Juniper continues to foster a digital relationship among products, the following features are now available:
- Support Portal: A personalized self-service portal to manage support cases, return merchandise authorizations (RMAs), install base (assets) and service contracts.
- Support Digital Assistant: A digital assistant that addresses customer care questions live 24/7.
- Service APIs: System-to-system interfaces that allow partners and customers to systematically connect to and share data with Juniper using easily accessible and programmable REST-based APIs.
- Gov Support: A highly secured support portal designed for U.S. Federal Government and security-focused enterprise customers.
- Juniper Partner Renewals: A self-service tool for partners to create, edit and finalize quotes.
To summarize, with Juniper Support Insights, customers can transform their network operations with AI-driven support. Today, this provides IT and operations teams holistic and actionable operational health insights, such as network inventory, device status and contract data. Juniper will continue to build on this framework for even more AI-driven proactive functions enabling customers to spend even less time on monitoring and troubleshooting network issues and more time focusing on strategic business initiatives.
Eager to learn more? Customers can reach out to their account team or Juniper sales representative.
- Explore the new Juniper Support Insights solution
- Video: Juniper Support Insights – A New AI-Driven Support
- Video: Juniper Software Powers Experience