As more companies embrace a Work-From-Anywhere (WFA) workforce, new cloud-based architectures are required to secure the network edge. However, many organizations are hesitant to walk toward SASE for fear of throwing away their existing security investments and policies.
Fortunately, it doesn’t have to be an “either/or” situation. With the right security architecture, including unbroken visibility from client to workload, security assurance and a single policy framework, organizations can leverage their existing security investments while also seamlessly transitioning to a SASE architecture.
The key to any great user experience is management, which is why Juniper Networks launched Security Director Cloud last year to provide a simple and seamless operational experience. Security Director Cloud ensures that security policies follow users, their devices and applications to and from any location. Regardless of whether those security policies are delivered by physical, virtual or containerized firewalls – or as a service – a single management platform using a single policy framework ensures a seamless and secure Zero Trust network, even during a shift to a SASE architecture. Today, we are excited to take this framework one step further with the introduction of Juniper Secure Edge, cloud-delivered security services managed by Security Director Cloud.
Juniper Secure Edge® Protects Workforces – Wherever They Are
Juniper Secure Edge provides Firewall-as-a-Service (FWaaS) in a single-stack software architecture, empowering organizations to secure their workforce, wherever they are. When we say single stack, we mean that customers now have one solution to manage both user access and network access, and ensure that traffic is legitimate and protected from threats. Juniper Secure Edge includes application identification, intrusion prevention, malware detection and full web proxy and filtering and advanced threat protection, all delivered without having to inspect traffic multiple times or pass it off to adjacent threat protection services. With Juniper Secure Edge, users have fast, reliable and secure access to the applications and resources they need, ensuring a great end-user experience from anywhere.
Managed by Security Director Cloud, Juniper Secure Edge provides seamless visibility across the entire network, all while leveraging existing investments as organizations transition to a cloud-delivered architecture without having to copy over or recreate rule sets. This makes it easy to deploy cloud-delivered application control, content filtering and effective threat prevention without breaking visibility or security enforcement.
Juniper Secure Edge is essential for new security environments because of the following key benefits:
- Secure User Access from Anywhere: Support the WFA workforce wherever and whenever with fast and secure user access to the applications and resources needed to execute jobs effectively. Security policies follow the user wherever they go, protecting users, devices and applications without having to copy over or recreate rule sets.
- Single-Policy Framework: Use the same policy framework as with the SRX Series Firewalls and apply firewall-based policies to remote users and branch sites. Create policies once and apply everywhere with unified policy management, including user and application-based access, IPS, anti-malware and secure web access within a single policy.
- Leverage Existing Investments: Moving to a cloud-based security architecture shouldn’t mean abandoning existing IT investments. Organizations can transition to a SASE architecture at their own pace without forcing administrators to toggle between separate management platforms for on-premises and cloud-delivered security. Juniper customers can use the physical, virtual, containerized – and now cloud-delivered – SRX firewall, completely managed by Security Director Cloud with a single-policy framework, allowing for full visibility and consistent security across both the edge and the data center from one UI.
- Dynamic User Segmentation Based on Zero Trust Principles: Maintain the security of data around identity- and risk-driven policies. Juniper Secure Edge delivers a consistent security policy framework with policies that automatically adapt based on new risk and attack vectors and follow the user wherever they go, providing automated access controls to employees and third-party contractors through granular policy control.
- Security Assurance: Whether it’s a rule for a traditional firewall policy or policy delivered as a service, it’s important that rules are placed in the proper order to be effective when needed. With Juniper Secure Edge, duplicate and shadowed rules are flagged before committed. Rule hit counts are highlighted so administrators can quickly make changes, ensuring that policies are effective for the intended users at the intended time.
- Integrate with Any Identity Provider: Juniper Secure Edge is flexible and easily integrates with any identity service to define policies and application usage based on individual users or user groups. It provides visibility into application usage at the user level providing powerful insights into application traffic traversing the network.
- Proven Security Effectiveness: Validated protection from attacks that is more than 99% effective against client- and server-side exploits, malware and C2 traffic, regardless of where the users and applications are located, ensuring consistent security enforcement.
A Trusted Partner for Your SASE Journey
The WFA workforce is here to stay. Every organization must give their teams secure access to the resources they need to do their job effectively, wherever they are located.
Ultimately, the network should just work and never negatively impact the user experience. It must be seamless and secure. Users shouldn’t have to think twice about the network or its security. Users should be able to focus on doing their job and live their lives without worrying about the security of their data. With Juniper Secure Edge, now they can.
Ready to take the next step toward SASE? Buckle up and let’s take this journey together – and don’t forget to enjoy the ride.
Juniper Security Solution Page