At Juniper Networks, one of the most common comments we get from customers is, “I wish there was an easy way to try out your products.” Enter: Juniper vLabs.
Juniper vLabs is a cloud-based lab environment that lets anyone try products and features at any time, in a no-risk environment – for free! vLabs offers pre-built, virtualized network topologies that are free to use (with a Juniper.net account) and available to use on-demand or pre-schedule in advance.
Our mission is simple: to make it easier for you to get hands-on with our products. Perhaps you read or heard about a Juniper product and want to try it out for yourself. Or maybe you’re running Juniper products in your network and you’d like to make some changes, but you can’t do so directly in production and your company doesn’t have its own test lab. Juniper vLabs is the perfect answer in both cases to get you on the gear.
In addition, vLabs is useful in the following scenarios:
- See an interesting config example in the Tech Library? Spin up a vLabs sandbox and try it for yourself!
- Learn better by doing? vLabs is a great preparation tool for Juniper certification exams.
Which products/solutions are offered?
Juniper vLabs includes a wide range of products that are immediately available to try out, including:
- Virtualized Junos – vMX, vSRX, cSRX, vQFX, vRR
- Network management, telemetry, and analytics – HealthBot, Contrail Enterprise Multicloud, NorthStar Controller, Security Director, Connectivity Services Director
And we’re always adding more!
Which topologies are offered?
A wide range of pre-built topologies are also included in Juniper vLabs, spanning:
- Network management, telemetry and analytics
How do I get started?
- Head to the vLabs front page at: https://vlabs.juniper.net
- Get acquainted with vLabs in 90 seconds – watch the overview video
- Need an account? Follow the directions here.
- Log in and you’re on your way!
TIP: Check out the how-to videos, user guide and FAQ.
Do customers like it?
In a word: Yes! Thousands of Juniper customers, spanning 88 countries, have used Juniper vLabs. And usage is only growing with over 30,000 hosted sessions worldwide.
Want to learn more?
Watch this video to learn more about how to get started with Juniper vLabs.